Blog Archive

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nail haul #1 of 2012

So this is the entire haul of polishes I've gotten since the middle of December.
As you might be able to tell I'm trying to start up a nice spring collection, starting a flecked collection and getting some great colors from some of the holiday collections available near me.


This is a wheel of all the colors, plain and simple.
I think I got a nice mix of dark and bright

These are the top coats and an OPI mini

Fingerpaints- twisted- It's a rainbow flecked glitter top coat.
I was really anticipating this collection and my local Sally's had the whole collection when I went.

Sally Hansen Diamond strength-Glass slippers- a flecked silver glitter top coat.
I had red a review on Makeupalley.com saying that this looks like broken glass on the nail.
Unfortunately I feel I must disagree, I haven't tried in on many colors, mainly black and what I noticed is it caused a cloudy affect on black.I'm on the fence as to wither I should bring it back or not

Sally girl- glow in the dark- I got this to test out a glow in the dark top coat before I bought Ghoulish glow by China Glaze. I was disappointed to notice it causes an odd bubbling effect on the nail

OPI- Obscure- a matte DARK grey
I just got this on a whim. I was it was being clearanced at my Target and decided to give it a go. I decided a long time ago I'd never pay full price for OPI because not long after most of their collections come out, another brands makes a whole collection of dupes at a fraction of the cost.
But all in all, I've never seen a matte color like this, especially this opaque

                                                           This is a close up of the nail wheel just of the blacks and overcoats. The color between Twisted and Glass Slipper is Asylum by FingerPaints. I brought it back the same day I bought it due to the fact that not only does it cause a cloudy effect, I just didn't like the odd red, green, and blue combo in this
                                          Essie- Mamba- a nice pink based nude.
It's got a small amount of shimmer to it but not too obvious. I had been looking for a nude and just fell for this one. Color wheel picture in last picture

Sally Hansen-Diamond strength-Diamonds and Ruby's- a bright pinkish red with yellow base.
If you red my earlier blog I found this great color Ma Cherie by Orly. Unfortunately I had only bought a mini and I didn't want to end up running out. This is an almost perfect dupe to it.

Sally Hanson-Diamond Strength- Black tie- black base with heavy shimmer that changes from green to purple in different light. Now this, I always try to wear.. Honestly I think I'm addicted. The light changing effect is just great to me. It reminds me of Beetle by Hard candy, except black and not so much shimmer.

Orly-Emberstone- bright red with what looks like multi sized gold and orange glitters.
I bought this in the clearance area at Sally's, it just caught my eye and I felt like I had to have it.
The glitter is so dense you don't need a second coat and I always enjoy that.

Color Club- Kiss me mistletoe- a darkened milt green with heavy small green toned silver glitter.
Honestly, I was eyeing it when I bought the silver glitter color from this collection. It's scented and I just never even knew Mistletoe had a scent... It was on sale when I went to Sally's and I decided why not. Apparently mistletoe smells pretty good and I love the color, I've never really seen one quite like this.
                                                   Again, a close up just of the color previously talked about. as you might be able to see Black Tie is just a very unique color and I'm glad to have it in my collection.
 Sally Hansen- insta dry-lightning- Just a straight up sun yellow. It's a little too pastel for my taste. It dried very fast though, which is a big plus for me.
Lo'real- tweet me- another yellow, more vibrant than Lightning and with orange and pink micro glitters.
Lo'real-L'orange- a deeper vibrant orange. Not very opaque to me, it took 3 coats to get the color shown on the wheel.
Essie-Aruba Blue- almost royal blue, very metallic. Not very opaque, took 3 coats to get color shown

No comments:

Post a Comment